Creamy Cheesy Curry Pot Pie
What better way to stay warm than a hot chicken pot pie? There is none, but don’t settle for just any pie. You’ve got to try this creamy, cheesy version instead!
Kari Ayam is literally Malaysian comfort food. Our aromatic paste is made with fresh ingredients and an in-house custom blend of curry powder, resulting in a hearty chicken or veg curry bowl.
So you can only imagine crispy, flaky and buttery pastry dough with hearty, aromatic curry will make the PERFECT combination!
SERVINGS 2-4 | PREP TIME 15 min | COOKING TIME 1hour | TOTAL TIME 1 hour 15 min
- 2.5 tbsp Kopi Thyme Kari Ayam
- ½ cup Whole Cream (can sub for non-dairy option use Earth’s Own Barista Edition Part A Oat Milk)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (we used Campbell’s white wine and chicken stock)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 400 g Meat or Tofu (we used chicken
- 2 cups Cubed Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1.5 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry Dough
- All-Purpose Flour for dusting
- Egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400F. Heat a pan on high and add butter. After butter is melted, add in Kopi Thyme’s Kari Ayam and meat.
- Turn it to medium-high heat and let the meat cook all the way through. it’ll take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock and sweet potato. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in peas and corn with the whole cream and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust taste and thicken the sauce with corn starch until the liquid thickens.
- Take filling off the heat and ladle it into a 9-inch pie pan or small ramekins.
- Top a layer of grated cheese over the filling.
- Unroll a pastry dough into a 9-inch pie plate to 1/8 thickness.
- In a small bowl, whisk together an egg and water to egg wash the top of the pastry generously.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling starts to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and it is ready to be served.